Product manufacturing companies have to deal with several issues in their daily operations. Their material management phases include material planning, control, inventory, and invoice management. Handling all of these responsibilities may need a large number of people and software solutions. That is why businesses use SAP MM. This software module assists the users with everyday inventory and procurement tasks. Thus, to have a deeper insight into the technology, it is necessary to have proper SAP MM Training in Gurgaon. Such training helps you become proficient in this framework and assists the candidates to get high-paid jobs.
What is SAP MM?
SAP Material Management is the crucial module of SAP ERP CC (Central Component). It provides materials, inventory, and warehouse management capabilities to organizations. However, the primary advantage of this module is to guarantee that you can store all materials in the appropriate quantities, at the right time, and in the right place. Also, it assures no gaps exist in a company’s supply chain. Moreover, it supports inventory managers, warehouse managers, and other supply chain professionals in purchasing raw materials and commodities.
Features of SAP MM
List down below are the unique features of SAP Material Management.
- SAP Material Management helps businesses to accelerate their material management and procurement processes.
- Also, it allows the user to manage material and resource expenses to reduce business costs.
- Moreover, it is a dynamic piece of software that can adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Next, Master Data, Invoice Verification, Material Valuation, Account Determination, and Material Requirement Planning are all handled by SAP professionals.
- Furthermore, different components of SAP MM tries to improve supply chain procedures. It also helps to boost the company’s productivity.
- In addition, SAP MM is responsible for determining the amount of material to carry at each level of the supply chain. It also assists personnel in determining the inventory levels for each product category.
- Lastly, SAP MM seeks to streamline the supply chain process, assuring on-time delivery of items.
Components of SAP MM
The SAP MM system comprises multiple interconnected components. This connectivity allows each department to communicate information with other departments. However, these components include the following:
- Consumption-based planning
- Inventory Management
- External Service Management
- Logistic Invoice Verification
Future Scope of SAP Material Management
Candidates with material management certification have a promising future. However, all candidates having degrees in B.A., B.Sc., B.Tech, MBA, and M.Tech would benefit from this certification. Moreover, they must have basic computer skills.
In addition, there are several opportunities in the Materials and Manufacturing sector if you have a good amount of experience in this growing field. As an SAP Material Management professional, you can work in the following positions:
- Team Leader
- Material Manager
- SAP MM consultants
- Purchase Executive
- SAP MM Plant Maintenance Analyst
- Logistic Manager
- Functional Configurator
- Supply Chain Specialist
- SAP End-User
- Project Manager
- SAP Functional Analyst in Material Management
The above profiles require knowledge and experience of entire lifecycle implantation, proper planning, and analytical skills. Many organizations prefer employees with two to four years of experience. However, SAP MM is intended to facilitate the following business processes in a company.
- Verification of Invoices
- Material Evaluation
- Inventory Management
- Consumption-Based Planning
- Material Master Data and Vendor Master Data
SAP MM Growth & Salary
The Consultants and Associates of SAP Material Management earn a good salary package. You may further grow your career by upgrading to SAP EWM (Extended Warehouse Management) or SAP WM (Warehouse Management).
However, an SAP Material Management Consultant’s salary varies from INR 307K to 1076K. After gaining the necessary skills and work experience, there is a rise in your salary. You must also be familiar with one life cycle implementation in SAP.
Moreover, the top organizations that hire SAP Material Management Consultants are :
- Tech Mahindra
Finally, over the years, SAP Material Management has grown in popularity with businesses. Many organizations are implementing SAP MM to improve their supply chain processes. It has also helped the organization handle commercial transactions and manage control over manufacturing operations. All of this is helpful in the product development process. Thus, to have an advantage over the others, it is necessary to have SAP MM Training. This training will help you become proficient in SAP technology and get high-paying jobs.